June 6-8, 2018
Call for Abstracts- Podium and Poster
The theme of the 2018 conference is P4: Policy, Practice, Populations and Possibilities. Join us in showcasing the nursing initiatives that have worked on these issues. Join the National Forum in galvanizing stakeholders and policy makers to create and implement strategies that will guide nursing education and practice with the goal of improving population health in the United States.
General Information: Call for Abstracts Related to the Conference
- All proposals submitted will be blind reviewed and considered by a peer review committee for their potential to contribute to the purpose and goals of the conference.
- Submission must be by February 28, 2018.
- Presenters will be notified by March 15, 2018 of the outcome of the review committee and must confirm their participation by March 28, 2018.
- All presenters are expected to pay for their registration and travel expenses to the conference.
- Contact hours will be awarded for these presentations, and, therefore the proposal will include two learner outcomes.
- Presentations will be scheduled for 30 or 60 minute sessions including time allowed for questions and answers. You may indicate a preference on your submission form for time allocation but the final determination will be made by the review committee.
- LCD projectors will be available for presentations.
- Proposals not accepted for presentation may be asked to do a poster presentation.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Include two learner outcomes (i.e., measurable outcomes, limited to 25 words or less).
- All proposals must be no more than 350 words (excluding title, author names, and affiliations).
- The proposal format should be:
- The purpose or rationale
- Major Outcomes
- Methods and data if applicable
- Conclusions, including implications for policy, practice, populations or innovative possibilities.
- Contact and brief biographical information for each presenter on a separate page.
Submissions will be rated on the following:
- Overall Quality
- Focus on the topic
Applicability to the conference theme and conference goals:
- Identify policies in healthcare that enable rapid movement toward nurses practicing to the full extent of their license and education
- Provide expert guidance to stakeholders about transformation that is necessary to effectuate change in population health.
- Generate ideas and activities that can be used in one’s own business setting to increase interprofessional collaboration and patient centered care
- Reflect on the possibilities of improved health when nurses are enabled, equipped and empowered to be leaders.
- Demonstrate the relationship between health workforce and population health outcomes.
- Other nursing workforce issues or projects.
Instructions to Submit Abstract
- Complete the Presenter Information Form below.
- Upon completion, an email will be sent to you with a unique identifier and application materials.
- Submit application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts are due February 28, 2018